Sunday, April 15, 2012

Living in New York!

The past few months have been a crazy time for me, moving my home, my cat and my office but I've finally settled in an adorable apartment on the UWS and I'm ready for life to get back to normal!

I thought my room in Virginia at 10x11 was about as small as a room could get but I was wrong!  My new room in NYC is just 7.5x10 and I still insist on keeping my queen sized bed!  However, I found a wonderful new roommate to apartment hunt with and we just couldn't resist the tall ceilings, big windows, and spacious living room and kitchen of this apartment.  I thought rather than try to fight a losing battle against the size of my bedroom I might as well embrace the miniature aspects and make a cozy little sleeping den out of it.

The whole apartment came painted white which I actually like for increasing the effects of the natural light.  I decided in my bedroom I wanted to increase the charm a little, though, with a accent wall of trellis stencil done in a very light grey.  I basically wanted to copy the look here so I bought the Moroccan Stencil, spent a Saturday covering myself in paint and got this:



Another thing I love about my new room is the big window, which I cute-ified with gauzy white curtains tied back with big navy polkadot ribbons.


4 comments: